The Next Billion Cars has been an interesting listen. Some of the views I don’t agree with but most I do. It’s a shame though that a couple of things weren’t covered:-
- Tesla believe self-driving cars can only occur with electric vehicles, due to the way they brake and accelerate, according to this article - It’s A Beast (CleanTechnica Deep Dive)
- Not only governments but cities need to help, beacons can be used to help with guidance, one way streets, and traffic signals could be used to broadcast their state etc …
- Normal bikes and electric ones too, can advertise their presence to cars - as a cyclist this would help greatly
- Both of the above points can be covered by a vehicle to anything protocol
- In fact self-driving cars could bring about a utopia for cyclist
I look forward to the next season and the insights the shows hosts bring.